The Green Room

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

In Each Other's Arms ( Subramanya Bharathi)

Thou to me the flowing Light
And I to thee discerning sight;
Honied blossom thou to me,
Bee enchanted I to thee;
O Heavenly Lamp with shining ray,
O Krishna,Love,O nectar-spray
With falt'ring tongue and words that pant
Thy glories here I strive to chant

Thou to me the harp of gold
And I to thee the finger bold;
Necklace shining thou to me
New-set diamond I to thee;
O mighty queen with splendour rife
O Krishna,Love,O well of life,
Thine eyes do shed their light on all
Wherev'r turn,their beams do fall

Rain that singeth thou to me;
Peacock dancing I to thee;
Thou to me the juice of grape
And I to thee the cup agape;
O spotless Beauty,Krishna bright,
Perennial fount of deep delight,
O Love,thy face hath grace divine
For there the deathless Truth doth shine

Silver moonlight thou to me,
Exulting Ocean I to thee,
Thou the basic harmony
And I the song that moveth free;
Dear as eyesight,Krishna,mine,
O Massed-up,sweet,immortal wine
Unceasing yearns my mind to scan
Thy endless charm,but never can

Inlaid perfume thou to me,
Petalled blossom I to thee,
Thou to me the Inner Thought
And I to thee the word it wrought;
O honeyed Hope,O Krishna fair,
O Joy,O'er flowing everywhere,
O Star of love,do teach me,pray,
To sing thy praise in fitting lay

Deep Attraction thou to me
Living magnet I to thee,
Thou to me the Veda pure
And I to thee the Knowledge sure;
Voice vibrant of the world's desire
O Krishna Love all-quickening fire,
In utter stillness here i see
Thy face that yieldeth ecstasy

As life to Pulse and gold to rings,
As star to planet,soul to things,
So Krishna,Love,art thou to me;
Thou,the force,I Victory
And all the joys of Heaven and Earth
In thee,O Krishna,have their birth
Ethereal glory,endless Might
O Heart of Mine,O Light,O Light!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home