The Green Room

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Curtains up! Enter stage left..

This is good : Naveen, Chirag and Avinash are now part of the blog team.
Ahem!! Curtains up! Here's Avinash's poem!
cheers!
have great evening,
varun
P.S - Since this blog is getting bigger, use the navigator on the side panel to go to specific articles.
-----

I Still Remember

I Still Remember
Every night I wonder
I ponder all day long
It's time I finally decide
To find out what went wrong

Why didn't I try to talk to her?
Why didn't I take my chance?
Remember the new year party that day
Why didn't I ask her for a dance?

I still remember that day in school
When she walked in for the first time
If being beautiful was something wrong
She had committed the greatest crime

She looked all around with her pretty eyes
Ready for her new life to start
Eye contact was all that it took
She had booked a place in my heart

I remember that day when she walked up to me
And requested me to clear her doubt
All I wanted to tell her then was that
She had knocked me out

When it was my turn to deliver a speech
In an inter-school fest
I still remember the way she held my hands
And wished me all the best

When she turned up that day, feeling all sad
Having had to cut her hair in half
I still remember all the jokes that I cracked
Hoping to make her laugh

I was haunted with only one question then
Did she like me or did she not
The answer to this question came to me
A li'll sooner than I thought

One fine morning, in a free period
She and her friends were immersed in a game
They were trying to find out whom she liked
After a while, they brought up my name

"Me and him. No way!" she replied
"Don't even talk of him anymore"
I had heard what she had to say
She didn't see me standing at the door

Devastated, too shocked for words
I didn't know what to do
I ran away as fast as I could
I ran because I had no clue

I still remember when I stood against the wall
With tears dropping from my eyes
I couldn't recognize my feelings for her now
Was it affection or was it despise?

She didn't care for me did she?
She didn't care how I felt
If only she had looked through my heart
She would've seen it melt

Why did I make assumptions?
Why did I assume there was a spark?
Why was I building castles in the air?
Why was I reading in the dark?

Why did she say no?
Did she think she was too good for me?
But how can I blame her? It wasn't her fault
It just wasn't meant to be

Now when I look back at all this, I realize
My situation is still the same
I'm still living in a lonely world
Where no one knows my name

If today turns out to be bitter,
Tomorrow will be sweet
Maybe there's someone special for me
Maybe, we're just waiting to meet

I'll wait for that pretty smile
I'll wait for those glinting eyes
I'll wait for her to come to me
I'll wait throughout my life

2 Comments:

  • avinash took me by surprise...as im sure he did 2 a few others 2!!!
    din know he had it in him.....anyway 3 cheers 4 him!!!

    By Blogger ranjana, at Sat Apr 30, 10:23:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • Oh it's amazing! I almost cried, visualizng myself in such a situation while reading the poem. Really touching. No words can describe the beauty of it.

    Ok this may not be a good review, but this is what I felt.

    By Blogger ADTC, at Mon May 02, 01:35:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home