The Green Room

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Difference

The people of the government going for "World Tour". Prices of petrol and LPG about to be hiked. Home appliance companies introducing new Onam special offers. Accidents occuring right beneath the boards that are supposed to remind us of them. India topping in U.S. Open...

The list of events that are happening around me are endless. Yet I am sitting here in front of my computer, typing this. It's the same old story everyday for me. So many things happening in the world, but nothing is making a big difference in my life. I am safe inside these four walls, and am glad there is always the Internet. None of the events seem to be of any real concern to me. They are happening and will pass away. Nothing to learn from them, and nothing to experience. Just eat, type, sleep... everyday.

I don't know how many of you are reading this on a half-wet monitor, and how many in the hot sun, but I am sure most, if not all, will be feeling nothing much about what you read in the newspaper or see in the TV.

What about you? Have you ever felt that what you were yesterday is not what you are today? Have you ever felt "Today, it's going to be real different." after you read that headline in the morning newspaper? If so, enumerate your experiences as comments to this post.

2 Comments:

  • Same old story everyday? For me, I dont think so. Though everyday looks the same for me it does feel different. I feel everyday and every event that happens else where in he world or elsewhere in the universe does have a role to play in my life. I dont think I feel immune to what is happening around me.....yes it is not happening to me but it does influence my thought process which in turn influences what I do in my life.
    After moving to Mumbai everyday has been a kind of 'self-recognition' for me...I keep finding out new strenghts and weaknesses that I never knew I possesed.
    Of course I'm not what I am yesterday, because yesterday I learn something new that has changed me today. yes I do feel 'today is going to be different' in every nano-particle of my life..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Sep 08, 02:51:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • Need to add this in..very tempting..
    "Its your choice to chose between the shadows and the colours in the dark"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Sep 12, 03:22:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home