The Green Room

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hello from Singapore

Hey people, what's up? This is ARUN DAS from Singapore, just in case anybody has a bad memory... hmm... i think that sentence was completely unnecessary... anyway...

Singapore is just.... what can I say?... AWSOME... except the Indian part of it, called the Little India or the Tekka. That place is a duplicate Madras :P
I'm surprised by the way traffic moves here... no horns through out the entire day... it moves so smoothly.
I've not been to many places in here now, but I've been to Little India, Woodlands and around the place where I live, called Bedok.
Little India... well... go to Chennai, you'll see Little India... and vice versa... but the problem is, the food is so costly in that area! Min 4 dollars for a decent meal (A dollar is some 30 rupees mind you!) There is a giga-super market called Mustafa centre, where you get... E V E R Y T H I N G !!!... From chocolates to Tablet PCs!, even houses (real estate)!... no cars though, i think. I got a Motorola phone for 120 dollars from there. There is also a Tekka Mall, where I got my shoe for 20 dollars, which is CHEAP compared to the high priced ones.
Woodlands, I've not been around... I just went there to visit my Aunty. It's a residential area.
Bedok is also a residential area. There are blocks, each block having 72 flats (6 sections of 12 flats each)
The cost of living here is so high... money is just running out like anything, so I'm getting a part-time job as soon as possible. The main things that are costliest over here are food and transport. I think I pay about 5 to 10 times more for the transport here than I would in India.
The BEST part about Singapore is this: In a given area of land, if there is nothing else, there will surely be grass and trees... Everywhere it's green... Even the innermost parts of cities have trees lined up with the roads, so it's fresh air everywhere...
I've heard the main tourist attraction of Singapore is Sentosa, an island in the south. I'll go there once I get some free time.

I'll write in a post about my poly in a few days.

... I don't ever want to go back to India...!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home