The Green Room

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

An experience.....I think!!!

I've had never been so unprepared for anything in my whole life.....what I"m referring to is the CET 2005.The best part was seeing loads of people at my centre studying and cramming things into their head till the last minute,while i just stood there laughing and joking,all the while attracting stares and dirty looks.
The amount of pressure the parents put on their kids is unbelievable,constantly quizzing them and teaching them stuff.I felt totally detached and surprisingly calm and at ease...actually come to think of it thats not too surprising considering my lack of preparation.
But nevertheless it was an experience,one I'm glad I went through.I'd recommend it to everyone..(just kidding!!!!)
As for my results.....who knows what will happen!!!.....I am not really worried because I don't believe I'm cut out for medicine...........imagine Dr.Ranjana Pillai.......MBBS,MD......YIKES!!!!!!!!
So you guys feel free to share your experiences writing these entrance exams!!!

cheers,
RJ

P:S-anyone wanna accompany me while I have a bonfire for all my books and papers???

5 Comments:

  • yes i too had a similar experience when i went to the IIT screening test. went in that college n found myself in a sea of nerds. all with traditional nerdy dresses n books n all. i too had a poor preparation but was not worried bout it at all. my mom n dad were worried but they knew i didnt care bout that.

    about the bonfire, well go to the hostel n search there, u'll find all my books there. thanks for burning them

    ps: i failed the test.

    By Blogger ADTC, at Wed May 04, 11:12:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • Welcome Ranjana. Congrats you finally experienced it!!
    Yeah the parental pressure thing is sick...actually you are giving me a chance to write a whole page about it, but I shall restrain myself for now.
    And of course we can imagine you as Dr.Ranjana Pillai MBBS,MD. It totally fits...you in a white labcoat and a microscope in front of you - the perfect picture, the perfect pose. :D
    cheers!

    By Blogger varun, at Thu May 05, 09:55:00 AM GMT+5:30  

  • My 'entrance exam' was an experience alright! I wasn't nervous because I was sure I could crack whatever thet gave. So I walked in and I met this character called Goji (pronounce - go-jee), he's mallu and he happens to be some adminstrative head of the Bagalore branch.
    I had no idea what the exam was about. So I walked in : armed with pens, pencils, erasers (rubber!) and of course my knowledge. But it turned out that I had to type out the answers.
    The questions were framed in such a way that the person reading my answers would know what kind of person I am.
    At the end of the hour I thought I won't get through because my answers were too poetical. In fact I went on to talk about 'the brave new world', but I thankfully stopped myself.
    But it turned out that what I wrote was understandable and not totally on a tangent - I got through. Phew!
    An experience of a different kind - definately.

    By Blogger varun, at Thu May 05, 10:05:00 AM GMT+5:30  

  • varun, what 'entrance exam' was it?

    By Blogger ADTC, at Thu May 05, 10:20:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • Entance exam for the Audio Engineering College I'm joining. Its called SAE.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri May 06, 07:41:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home