The Green Room

Friday, July 22, 2005

An SMS Chat That Changed My Life

Hi all you dudes and dudettes,

Heres something that i read in the newspaper the other day and thought I should share with all of you.

God: Hello.You called me.
I,Me, Myself: Called you?No, Who's this?
G:This is god.I heard your prayers.So I thought I will Chat With You.
IMM: Sure,I pray.Just makes me feel good.Actually, am busy now.In the midst of something,you know.
G:What are you busy with? Ants are busy too.
IMM :Dont know.But I cant find free time.Life has become hectic.Its rush hourall the time.
G:Sure,activity gets you busy.But productivity gets you results.Activity consumes time. Productivity frees it.
IMM:But I cant still figure out.By the way,I was not expecting YOU to buzz me on instant messaging chat .
G:Well, I wanted to help you resolve your fight for time by giving you some clarity. I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.
IMM: tell me , why has life become so complicated.
G: stop analysing life.Just live it. Analysis is what makesit complicated.
IMM: Why are we then constantly unhappy?
G:Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.You are worrying because the act of worrying has become a habit.That is why you are not happy.
IMM:But how can we not worry when there is so much uncertainty?
G:Uncertainty is inevitable but worrying is optional.
IMM:But then ther is so much pain due to uncertainty.
G:Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional.
IMM:If suffering is optional,why do people always suffer?
G:Diamonds cannot be polished without friction.Gold cannot be purified without fire.Good people go through trials.With that experience, their life becomes better ,not bitter.
IMM:You mean to say such experience is useful?
G: Yes.Experience is a hard teacher ,though.She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.
IMM:But still, why should we go through such tests?Why cant we be free from problems?
G:Problems are Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessond to Enhance Mental Strength.
Inner strength comes from struggle and endurance ,not when you are free from problems.
IMM:Frankly, in the midst of so many problems, we do not know where we are heading.
G:If you look outside, you will not know where you are heading. Look inside.Looking outside,you dream.Looking inside,you awaken.Eyes provide sight.Heart provides insight.
IMM:Sometimes, not succeeding fast seems to hurt more than moving in the right direction.
G:Success is relative,quantified by others.Satisfaction is absolute,quantified by you.Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead.
IMM:Sometimes I ask, Who am I, Why am I here? I dont know the answers.
G:Seek not to find who you are,but to determine who you want to be.Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here.Create it.Life is not a process of discovery but a process of creation.
IMM:How can I get the best out of life?
G:Face your past without regret.Handle your present with confidence.Prepare for the future without fear.
IMM: Sometimes my prayers are not answered.
G:There are no unanswered prayers.At times, the answer is NO.
IMM:Thank you for this wonderful chat.I'll try to be less fearful.
G:Keep the faith and drop the fear.Life is a mystery to solve, not a problem to resolve.Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

2 Comments:

  • This article changed my perception of things and helped me a great deal.I hope it does the same to you.

    By Blogger Venkat, at Fri Jul 22, 03:04:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • God speaks to you in ways you NEVER expect Him to speak! Keep your inner ears open and be in full attention. A little loss of it, and you'll miss God's voice you are never gonna hear again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jul 22, 06:20:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home