The Green Room

Sunday, July 24, 2005

My reality check...............

As part of a botany project on immunisation and AIDS awareness, a bunch of us from class had to visit the slums.Initially it seemed irksome and actually a joke to all of us.We acted like we were going for a picnic or some sort of outing.
But when we got there and satrted asking people questions and interacting with them,I was struck by how nice those people were inspite of the fact that life has been so unfair to them.I was extremely touched.I know we always talk about how fortunate we are but I don't think we actually realise in until we are in the midst of it.The worst part of it is that more than half the country lives in similar conditions.
I saw people with T.B and scabies and children who haven't had any food for days,its really a pathetic sight.I guess it made me truly appreciate what I have and also made me look at life differently.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home